To refresh! In 2020, the largest IP legislation updates during Ukrainian independence were adopted. One of the main results of the IP reform was the establishment of an entirely new Chamber of Appeals with expanded powers, which became subordinate to the newly formed National IP Office.
Finally, in May 2021, the Chamber of Appeals began to operate! This gives new possibilities for IP rights protection under the administrative procedures in Ukraine.
At our IP webinar on June 22 Mariya Ortynska, IPStyle managing partner, trademark and patent attorney, attorney-at-law broke down all the established novelties, new possibilities it brings, as well as expected advantages.
Mariya spoke on
- Expanded powers of the Chamber of Appeals.
- New options for the rights to inventions, utility models, and industrial designs protection under administrative procedures.
- Updated patents and certificates invalidation procedures.
- New options for protecting TM rights under the administrative procedures. Updated TM application opposition procedure.
- Appealing final refusals with the Appeals Chamber.
We are happy to share with you the recording of the webinar at the following link.